Version date 30/08/2023
This document sets out the guidelines by which Doceo Software, S.L. collects, uses, stores and processes personal data of its customers and other individuals (collectively referred to as “Users”) who access or use our websites, mobile applications, contact forms and other related services (collectively referred to as the “Services”). By using our Services, you consent to the collection and use of your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice.
In some cases, we may process your personal data in collaboration with external third parties. In such situations, the terms and conditions of the agreement with that external organisation will govern how your personal data is processed. If you believe that an external organisation has authorised us to process your personal data on their behalf, we suggest that you contact them to clarify the handling of your information. Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply to third party websites or applications linked from our Services. Before clicking on any links, we urge you to review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of those third-party websites and applications.
It is important that you read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand how we collect, use, store and process your personal data and to be informed about your data protection rights.
Contact details for the purposes of this Policy:
Doceo Software, S.L.
TAX ID: B17995218
Address: C/Francesc Artau, 14 Ático C 17005 Girona (Girona)
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail for exercising rights related to Data Protection: email@example.com
Telephone number: (+34) 972 98 22 87
The company is called DOCEO SOFTWARE, S.L. with CIF: B17995218. Companies Register of Girona Volume: 2670, Book: 0, Folio: 216, Section: 8, Page GI-46283. Registration or annotation: 1 / Date: 02/04/2008
If you have any queries relating to this policy, you may contact DOCEO SOFTWARE via the contact details above.
1.1. Collection of Personal Data
You, as a User, have the option to visit our websites, install our applications or provide us with personal data. However, if you do not provide certain personal data, you may not be able to access some parts of our Services. For example, if you do not have an electronic signature, you will not be able to sign electronic documents on our service.
We collect your personal data in the following situations:
- Register or log in to your account.
- Initiate, sign or review electronic documents.
- Create or modify your user profile.
- Contact our customer service.
- Contact our virtual appointment scheduling service.
- Comment on our blogs, community forums or social networks.
- Participate in surveys, sponsored events, sweepstakes or newsletter subscriptions.
You may also provide us with other people’s personal data when using our Services, such as when:
- Engage in electronic transactions.
- Add members to an existing account.
- Leave comments.
- Recommend to friends.
The categories of personal data we collect include:
- Identifiers and contact information, such as name and surname, ID number, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and electronic signature.
- Commercial information, such as billing and payment details, products or services purchased.
- Geolocation, including physical location.
- Navigation data.
1.2. Personal Data We Collect Automatically
We may automatically collect personal data from you and your devices when you use our Services, including when you visit our websites or applications without logging in. The types of data collected automatically include:
- Device, usage and transaction information.
- Cookies and similar technologies.
- Information from external sources.
The categories of personal data that we may collect automatically include:
- Device, usage and transaction information. We collect personal data about how you use our Services and the devices (e.g., computers, mobile phones, tablets) you use to access our solutions and services. This may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- IP address.
- Precise geolocation information that you allow our applications to access (usually from your mobile device).
- Unique device identifiers and device attributes, such as operating system and browser type.
- Usage data, such as web log data, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date(s) and time(s) you used our Services, the frequency of use of our Services, error logs and other related information.
- Transactional data, such as names and email addresses of parties to a transaction, subject matter, history of actions individuals take in connection with a transaction (e.g., reviewing, signing, enabling features) and personal data about those individuals or their devices, such as name, email address, IP address and authentication methods.
Information from external sources. Subject to applicable law, we may collect your personal data from third parties, such as:
- External sources. Examples of external sources include vendors, partners, researchers, service providers and others, where they are legally permitted to share your personal data with us. For example, if you register for our Services on another website, the website may provide us with your personal data.
- Other customers. Other customers may provide us with their personal information. For example, if a customer wants you to sign an electronic document on our Services, they will provide us with their email address and name.
- Combining personal data from different sources. We may combine the personal data we receive from other sources with the personal data we collect from you (or your device) and use it as described in this Notice.
1.3. Use of Personal Data
The legal basis for processing your personal data depends on the type of data and the context in which it is collected. Usually, the processing is based on your consent, the performance of a contract or legitimate interests.
We use your personal data in order to provide, operate, maintain and improve our Services. In addition, we use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Provide and invoice the products and services requested.
- Process your transactions and send related notifications.
- Create and manage your account and relationship with us.
- Facilitating communication and collaboration.
- To personalise and improve your experience on our Services.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting.
- Improve our services and develop new products.
- Send you updates and newsletters.
- Respond to your comments, questions and support requests.
- Evaluate and improve the quality of our services.
- To understand how Users use our Services and to conduct related research and analysis.
- To comply with our legal obligations and prevent fraudulent, illegal or unauthorised activities.
- Comply with legal retention periods.
- Protect the rights, privacy, security or property of Users and Doceo Software.
- Manage the Services platform, including support systems and security.
1.4. Sharing of Personal Data
At Doceo Software, we understand the importance of protecting your personal data. We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties for commercial purposes. However, we may share your personal data with third parties in the following situations:
Service providers: We may share personal data with service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, web hosting services, data analysis, customer support and other similar functions. These service providers may have access to your personal data only to the extent necessary to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use your data for any other purpose.
Collaboration and communication: Our Services may enable collaboration and communication between Users. Some personal information, such as your name and email address, may be visible to other Users within the platform depending on your profile settings and interactions you have with other Users.
Legal Compliance: We may disclose your personal data in response to valid legal requirements, such as a court order, subpoena or valid governmental request.
Business transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, sale of assets or restructuring of the company, your personal data may be transferred as part of the business assets.
Publication of photos or videos on the website or social networks for advertising or dissemination purposes: For the publication of photographs or videos of our employees, customers, users on the website or social networks, we obtain the prior, explicit, indisputable and informed consent of the owner.
1.5. User Rights
DOCEO SOFTWARE makes available to the User the necessary means to exercise their rights of Access, Rectification, Cancellation, Opposition, Portability and Forgetfulness at any time when deemed appropriate.
In general, Users’ rights may include:
- Access to your personal data and the possibility to obtain a copy of it.
- Rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Deletion of personal data in certain circumstances.
- Restriction of the processing of personal data.
- Objection to the processing of personal data in certain circumstances.
- Portability of your personal data.
- Withdrawal of consent at any time, where processing is based on consent.
Users also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority if they consider that their data protection rights have been infringed.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any questions about your privacy rights, you can contact us through the contact details mentioned in this Privacy Notice, attaching a copy of your passport or ID card (data subject) and indicating expressly in the subject line the right you wish to exercise: access, rectification, cancellation, opposition, portability or oblivion.
1.6. Other requirements and particularities
The services, access to content and product offerings on this website are subject exclusively to those over 18 years. DOCEO SOFTWARE shall not be liable for any damages caused to the User or third parties who may be harmed by identity theft or any other negative consequences arising from failure to comply with this requirement by the User. For this reason, DOCEO SOFTWARE, expressly informs that any person who provides their personal data, declares and confirms to have this minimum age, being forbidden to contract products and services of DOCEO SOFTWARE and corresponding delivery of personal data when it involves minors.
Also, the User shall be solely responsible for the security measures implemented in relation to the protection of their personal data, not being responsible DOCEO SOFTWARE of the situations arising as a result of not having implemented those security measures that apply or the lack of diligence observed by it, nor assume liability for causes or damages caused by third parties outside DOCEO SOFTWARE, including acts of God and / or force majeure.
1.7. Security Measures in Data Collection
DOCEO SOFTWARE is firmly committed to the security and protection of the personal data of its Users, following the standards established by the European Data Protection Regulation. To prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access and theft of data provided by users, DOCEO SOFTWARE has implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures.
In compliance with these objectives, and in order to guarantee the confidentiality and availability of the data and documents processed, DOCEO SOFTWARE collects and stores the following User data as part of the service it provides for its clients:
- Date and time of signature.
- Action taken (signed or rejected).
- Operating system used.
- Browser used.
- Geolocation data.
- Signature status.
- IP address.
Biometric signature data, including pressure, writing angle, speed, acceleration, letter formation and direction of signature features.
DOCEO SOFTWARE undertakes to inform Users of any situation that may endanger the confidentiality and availability of documents and data, taking appropriate measures to resolve the incident in the shortest possible time. However, in situations where notification may increase the risk to the data or documentation processed, this obligation will not be enforceable. In cases where required by law, the mandatory protocols for notifying the competent authority or the Users affected by the incident shall be followed.
The security measures implemented by DOCEO SOFTWARE include:
Secure access: All access to DOCEO SOFTWARE solutions is via secure connections using HTTPS security certificates.
Encryption of documents: Digital documents stored in DOCEO SOFTWARE are kept encrypted to guarantee their confidentiality.
Password encryption: Passwords to access DOCEO SOFTWARE solutions are stored in encrypted form for as long as they are active.
Distributed storage: To ensure the confidentiality, accessibility and availability of the files under custody, they are stored in distributed and replicated systems at DOCEO SOFTWARE.
In addition, DOCEO SOFTWARE informs Users and customers that it uses cloud services and that its servers are located within the space limited by the customer. DOCEO SOFTWARE servers are located in the European Union.
It is also important to note that DOCEO SOFTWARE may contract with third parties to provide certain services that involve access to or storage of Users’ data or documents. In these cases, the third parties’ access to the data will not be considered as a communication of data by DOCEO SOFTWARE, as it will act as “Data Processor” in accordance with the GDPR.
1.8. Social networking
The operation of social networks is not under the control of DOCEO SOFTWARE, S.L. and therefore the information published will be shared by all users who consult them. Likewise, these networks allow interaction with other users, and therefore, below are some premises that you should bear in mind.
The purpose of using social networks is to give visibility and dissemination of the products developed by DOCEO SOFTWARE, S.L.
In principle, the same data protection policy specified in this document applies to the collection, processing and transfer of data.
The user must commit to:
- Not to publish information that does not meet the requirements of truthfulness, public interest and respect for the dignity of persons. In particular, the user will have to avoid any conduct that may violate the principle of non-discrimination for reasons of sex, race, religion, ideology or any other personal or social circumstance, and against privacy, honour and self-image, being ultimately responsible for the veracity and legality of the content he/she publishes.
- Do not record or publish images, videos or any other recordings without the consent of those concerned.
DOCEO SOFTWARE, S.L. does not identify with the opinions expressed by others or with the ideology of the profiles with which it is friends on any social network.
DOCEO SOFTWARE, S.L. reserves the right to remove from its social networks any information published by others that violates the law, incites to do so, or contains messages that violate the dignity of persons or institutions. As well as blocking or denouncing the profile author of these messages.
Recommendations to users:
- Learn about the configuration and usage possibilities offered by the network.
- Set the degree of privacy of the user’s profile on the social network appropriately.
- Do not publish excessive information about your personal and family life.
- Be careful about posting audio-visual and graphical content on your profile, especially if images relating to third parties will be hosted.
- Do not provide data of third parties without their prior consent.
The social networks managed by DOCEO SOFTWARE, S.L. are:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DoceoSoftware/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DoceoSoftware
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/doceo-software/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@DoceoSoftware
By using our Services, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Services or provide personal information.